Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Previous two Mad Mens. At once.

Well, I have discovered EXACTLY what I want to be for Halloween. And I have found the EXACT costume. In an EXACTLY convenient store. And it costs EXACTLY too much money for me to justify spending on a Halloween costume with my brand new responsible financial outlook.
I wanted to cast myself into the floor and scream and kick and wail at the injustice of it all.
It is a pluperfect Rainbow Brite costume. And it comes in a plastic bag at the Halloween Mega-Store that is currently where the CVS is supposed to be by the Barksdale.
Oh well. I have decided something brilliant for me to be for Halloween will drop into my life just in time for the throwdown.
Also I have to find my black corset for Matt.
Today I was walking up some street practicing my new assignment of smiling at people I pass on the street. I have had good results with this so far. And this woman I smiled at stopped and said, "Audra?" And I recognized her as the small woman who lives where Jim used to live and has a horrible contorting speech impediment. And is so sweet. I should have said the sweet part first. I mention the speech impediment because I am always so pleasantly surprised that I can understand what she is saying to me enough to have a conversation. I don't like it when I cannot understand what people say, and I think that is largely my fault when it happens. But for some reason, I can get the gist of everything this lady says. She told me all about how she was coming to see Spelling Bee, and she had heard it was supposed to be really funny, and that she was going to go see Boleros but didn't because she thought it was going to be a musical and a good friend of hers was in the hospital dealing with leukemia at the time and thusly she didn't feel like going to see anything sprightly and upbeat.
I then told her I had to go sign a paper for Lucas and we parted ways.
Love Lucas. He's great.
I then drooled on my hat.
Had a lovely rehearsal this evening.
Going to the airport in the morning.
Do you know they make diet bread? Hmm.
Anybody want that concert ticket- time is ticking.

4 comments:

rk said...

what concert ticket ?
(or is that code ??)

Audra said...

some group called gogol bordello. for tonight. with adam and maggie. i imagine you have play practice. also that you would like to preserve your ear drums.

Thespis' Little Helper said...

Have informed Molly who was going to go, but didn't find someone else that wanted to go.

Thespis' Little Helper said...

And who, incidentally, is often confused with Maggie...oddly.