Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kisses?

I like that Natalie girl on "Love, Actually." I like that she has a high pitched girl voice.
Might have a crack at that voice.
I want to go to Hooters.
I want to go to Buz and Ned's.
I want to be taken to the movies.
I want to go fishing (and have today been invited to do so, so that's lovely).
I want to take salsa/ballroom dancing classes.
I want to play "Devil Went Down to Georgia" on the fiddle.
I think it is an amazing thing to be able to play the organ.
My birthday was lovely.
I held Suprise in my lap.
I painted my fingernails traffic cone orange and wore a hot pink belt.
I want to drink a beer. Don't know where that came from. I like the smell, not as much the taste.
I should go get a beer from somewhere and open it and set it on the counter next to me and just sniff periodically. Like a Yankee candle.
It was a beautiful day yesterday. And today. As I am getting a little worn down these past couple of days with up at 5:30 in the morning and bed a little post-midnight, I was a touch snarly this morning at 6:30 when I got into the car, but then I rounded the corner by the Diamond, and the sky was a miracle to behold. It was lava. Just, dark, thick purple night sky, then, just above the horizon, thin flaming strip of lava color. Amazing.
And I continued to be happy and gaze at the sky all the way to the Chippenham Parkway, at which point I got to a song on my 2000 Grammy Winners CD that I didn't like and had to turn my attention to finding "Baby One More Time."
I love that CD. I have a large white cardboard box in the floor of a closet in my parents' house with all the CDs I listened to in high school. I have been taking a few each time I have been home lately.
This one is tops. Has Backstreet Boys, Santana, Christina Aguilera, TLC "No Scrubs." All in all, I feel pretty freaking hip as I motor down the freeway applying my chapstick.
Yesterday during set up, Tom announces to me that my cake is in the passenger seat of his car. I squeal and beam. Tom is the best cake baker EVER. It was round, chocolate, two-tier with buttercream icing and those tiny colorful sprinkles that are round. I gaze at it a lot.
He asks me what time I was born. I tell him I think around 9:30am. Then add that I don't remember.
Then realize, of course I don't remember.
We giggle about this.
Then Tom says he actually finds this surprising. He would have expected nothing less than me making my first appearance, giving my mother an arch look and muttering, "well Mother, I really think that took longer than was necessary."
Between shows Joy and I make plans to get giant boxes of salad from Ukrops and take in a couple of episodes of "Sex and the City."
I wait on her porch for her to get back from popping by Sean's school.
Whilst sitting on the porch, I receive lots of wonderful birthday messages. I think how grateful I am for all the lovely people in my life and for the beautiful day, and suck all the icing off the sides of the cake. So really there's not much better than that.
It is warm enough to walk to rehearsal, so I do that, and enjoy it.
I am presented with two more EXCELLENT--ICE CREAM cakes at rehearsal. Also balloons. And cards.
We watch "Spellbound." Which I very much enjoyed, until it got near the end and I found myself leaning forward in my chair feverishly trying to come up with the correct spellings of the words the competitors get before they start spelling. This was exhilarating. And I got the last word right. Which delighted me. All this going on inside my head.
We sing. Which I love.
Saturday I am off. So I have decided I will do all the things on Saturday that I would like to do for my birthday this year. Think I will pop in on Hannah while she's tending bar at her new job. Think I will gather up a motley posse at hit the Celtic Festival.
And who knows what else. But it will be wonderful.


No comments: