Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's hers. Let her suck it.

I want to be in productions of:
Chicago- because of the Cell Block Tango. Have no real preference of role, just want a few steel bars and some heels and some hot drums.
Cabaret- would happily play any female in the cast. Would like to have a solid crack at Sally as everytime I have seen the show I find her to be mostly comprised of Bubblicious and rust. I believe it is possible for there to be some evidence of DNA and neurons in her portrayal. Just some. Or any of the Kit Kat girls. Want to loll around on banisters in fishnets and silk with track marks and black eyes painted onto myself. (there is a story here about bruises that I will probably not tell) Also I would deign to go on as the giant chimp if the need arose. Would be kind of like playing the large albino celery in Bunnicula.
In the Heights- nothing really needs to be said. I'd be any of the five leads. Six. Male or female.
I fancy myself a bit of a rapess. Rap. Not rape. Good grief.
Footloose- love the drums and the beats and the rhythms of this. Gets me steamy.
Hairspray- just should. Want to play Penny and sing about black twinkies. Or the girl, what is her name, Tracy. Could just put on a muumuu and run around flailing and gyrating in what I'm sure would be a very emotionally satisfying manner.

There was another one I meant to add to this list. Do not remember. Will remember later.
Also Chess. But just for the song.

Today slept what felt like in- til 9:30. Am glad that feels like "in" now.
Got up, ate toast, cursed Betty (my fault, bad parent, you should see my other two children), went for my jog.
Stopped by to observe football and frustrate Ford for a bit. Saw Elliott's extra-terrestrial shoes. Secretly- no- straight up want some.
David had on a hat I liked very much.
I hollered out (knowing full well what the reaction would be cause it always is) "I'M NOT PLAYING!" David said, "ok." Immediately sails windless. Nice work.
Eric Williams is one of the dearest men currently breathing.
BETTY I HATE YOU.
Not entirely sure why I am such a spoilsport about football. Should probably play. Will at least be something to face. And might get to shove Ford inside a tree.
Ford doesn't read this does he?
For some reason Lola takes on with the vapors whenever the Droops leave me here alone with her. I may be coming over, Ginnie, to borrow the Murphy's.
Moseyed down to the Empire to meet my mother and brother and take in the folk festival.
I was very excited about the festival. As I have discovered I like a lot of the music at the festivals I have recently taken myself to. This was not quite what I was expecting. Some of it was fun, but some I could appreciate for its' uniqueness and skill required but didn't really enjoy listening to per se. Like the Rhododendrion Uvula Twiddling etc.
My mother said she would buy us something to eat. Scott selected a large Italian sausage at once. Bout the size of nevermind. He removes every onion from the fair and puts them on top.
I sidle up to the Alligator Chunk Surprise Booth and point. Say very confidently, "I want THAT."
She says, "fifteen dollars."
I feel horrible. But it is done. And I did want that. I have cancelled all birthday present orders.
Was a round styrofoam plate of food (no, not a blue plate, very cute little man from Artichoke- I need to remember that) that had I think some of everything they offered. Was gumbo, lots of rice, what appeared to be barbecued wolf tonsils, a huge crabcake and alligator nuggets. Ate most of it. Wasn't supremely good or anything, but I've always wanted to eat alligator.
Alligators and sharks I just think tend to be unreasonably nasty.

Then we heard some good music. My mother and I sat in the grass and ate our grease. My brother stood up. Because that's what he does. I guess. I at one point found myself swaying in the breeze and singing just as loud and pitchlessly as I wanted. It was lovely. Was that song, "it's alright, have a good time, cause it's alright..."
GET HER LOLA GET HER BETTY GET HER LOLA GET HER BETTY. Oh I can't decide.
So I am going away tonight. Away to wash my jeans. Tomorrow I am going to fly and be a drummer and go to North Carolina. The rest all depends on Durron. As always.

1 comment:

pnlkotula said...

Love the folk festival. Missed it this year.