Thursday, October 29, 2009

I can't see.

I was not expecting anyone at home to be awake when I got here.
They are.
Adam and Anna are sitting in the den in the mood lighting having DISCUSSIONS.
Which they are kindly allowing me to be privy to as I am sitting on the couch beside Adam typing this.
When Betty touches my toes, it tickles.
Tonight was awesome.
Today- I was crabby because I can't see. But I ordered some new glasses online today for wicked cheap and I am very excited about that.
But tonight. I ate my Fiber 1 bar, ate the last birthday cupcake, because, it's mine, and someone has to.
I washed my hair, dried my hair, curled my hair, painted and dried my nails, got all dolly, and trotted off to rehearsal. It really is most lovely walking through the van in this day and time.
The leaves are SPLENDID.
I receive a pleasant surprise of a phone call on my way there, so I have a very nice chat, and arrive and sit on the sidewalk to wait til it is time for rehearsal.
We go in.
Tonight we danced. I really like everyone in this cast. And I am so excited about that. I think we are going to have a splendid time.
We did "Magic Foot." Eric really is bang-on. And so sweet.
Chase was a super ballerina all night.
Matt Shofner and I, after having discovered our proclivity for the "off to see the wizard step," volunteer ourselves to replace two other cast members who were not so gung ho about said step and do our cross downstage. We are very excited about this. Cannot keep the grin off my face when we meet at center.
We also very gungholey (ahaha) volunteer ourselves like shots out of a cannon to be the two people who stand and dance on the top riser of the "omelet bleachers." "Omelet Bleachers," for whoever's information that cares, is what I am going to be calling this show.
Once we get up there though, and Chase has us nimbly skipping up and down the stairs and doing high kicks while jumping in 180 degree circles, I realize in a very faint whisper to myself that perhaps this is not the best idea to be doing when I have in only one contact- ergo- no depth perception.
Oh well, life's an adventure.
Ford spends the entire evening subtly encouraging (read: violently threatening under his breath) me to only cross upstage of him at any time that our paths should cross. He said, "Audra, I am THIS CLOSE..." you know, when you hold your thumb and pointer finger very close together. I say, "to what, Ford?"
He has nothing to say to this.
Yvonne did her split tonight. Aly and I experienced dropped jaws.
I suggest to Eric that as a killer final pose for his big number that he end on the button with a bell kick. And freeze it in mid-air.
He gamely tries. As he is wont to do. He's such a good little wont gamer.
Sandy has the flu. Want badly to bundle her into a snuggie and submerge her in a carton of soup until she feels better.
Steve and Rick sit at the table with both matching plaid and furrowed brows.
Then they laugh, every now and then.
We all decide via mutters between dance instructions that we are starving and should adjourn to Joe's post-play-practice.
Aly, David, Chase, Yvonne, Matt and I go.
And it was really very nice. I enjoyed myself. Love that I enjoy myself conversing with people.
I used to think that I was the sort of person who would prefer to be all by myself most of the time. That I would thrive in that way.
But I think I am realizing like a tidal wave, that it is so very important for me to be around lots of different interesting people. For so many reasons. I think that makes me feel great. And I think, is very important.
Unless I am reading. Then you leave me alone.
We have a ceramic taupe colored duck who is for casseroles who we have named Knox. He has been full of candy corn pumpkins lately, but Adam and I have no shame re our gluttony in that regard, so he has been effectively gutted.
Adam is about the business of drugging the cat. YAY!
I have discovered that- well, first of all- I have heard of contact high, or is it contact buzz? When you are around people who are stoned or something and you sort of pick up on it? Well, I haven't experienced that, but if I am around people who have been/are drinking, I instantly begin to feel loopy and giggly. Without touching a drop. Which I think will prove to be a very amusing, enjoyable trait.
I love that this apartment has a record player. And a heap of records to play on it. Love that. Sitting around playing records.
The cat is getting high.
Rosalitas got high, and then she became cranky and bald on her fanny. But she was always cranky. Only loved Matt.
Matt Shofner moves so well.
Tomorrow night. :) I have rustled up QUITE a posse. And I'm very excited.
Many members of the posse are excited as well. Some in the- I think I will need to wear a diaper- excited kind of way.







2 comments:

Joy W. said...

are you going to the bon oaks house tomorrow night?

Joy W. said...

Good Lord, write something else!