Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oscar the grouch.

I really like the name "Cheddar." Might change my name to Cheddar.
Well, I didn't get pizza today because Joseph had a rush of 13 different nationally acclaimed newspapers vying to get him to be featured on the front page or something at 12:57 and was unable to step away from the office for more than an hour.
Vying. Vieing? X. I'll look it up.
We are going to get pizza on Friday.
I did go to the Cloisters. Which was epic.
I took the A train (just like Usnavi says, don't think I didn't feel smugly gigglish about that) up to 1,548th St. where I got off, rode an elevator up to the street level. Went outside and was immediately in Elizabethan garden times.
Felt SERENE. Walked the quarter mile to the actual Cloisters and on the way passed meadows overlooking the river dotted with families on blankets, and girls and boys reading books, and older couples talking. Serene. Swans.
One of my favorite things about here is, obviously the subway, but why I like the subway so much is that I see so many different kinds of people. And they speak in so many different ways. And people play so many different types of music in the subways. And I just think it's wonderful.
And this was what these meadows were like.
The Cloisters itself is a branch of the Met (the art one), that was made possible, as you can read on any number of plaques, by Rockefeller. Most things here were made possible by Rockefeller and that Tisch guy. Including the pigeons.
Also I'm pretty sure that thin crispy pizza crust is a wrong.
But you pay however much you want, and go in. And it is this enormous stone, turreted ancient looking castle thingy like you would find in King Arthur times. Or like the temple level on Goldeneye for N64.
And you can walk around and lay your eyes on sarcophagi and basins and statues, lots of boring stuff. But I just liked the atmosphere.
I have read now two book about raising elephants in the past three weeks.
I'm looking forward to going gown shopping with Margaret.
My brother is no longer coming to see me. This is fine. I will go to Connecticut.
My mother is sending me a box of Fiber 1 bars. Bless her.
I've grown out my fingernails and hardly noticed.
What shall I do tonight....

4 comments:

Sparky said...

Hello Audra, this is Wengen,and I love that you went to the Cloisters and loved them, I used to go there ALOT; to study or to clear my head, an amazing place in all that chaos of the city.....guess I'm x-ed from gown shopping, oh, well.

Audra said...

you are not x-ed. i was delirious when i wrote that. you are necessary to the process.

Sparky said...

This is really Sparky, I have un-hijacked the laptop. Wengen was obviously delirious when she commented on a blog-thingy...and yet she has recovered from her delirity and is now in good spirits to know that she isn't x-ed. (hmm, I just used a contraction and it felt odd...I think I'm starting to write like eric would.)

Joy W. said...

you will probably chew off your fingernails, now that you are aware that they're there. Unless you find lots of cake to distract you from your long fingernails and thus, give your mouth something else to do!