Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Taffy.

Today I bought a planner. And it is beautiful. It is red/blue/yellow diagonal plaid with sparkly gold numbers reading 2010 on the front. And I'm excited. Who knew.
Today I bought hair conditioner. Being in such close quarters with Joseph who sneers and scoffs at my hair care regime has finally worn me down. I did however, persuade him to let me buy a relatively inexpensive brand. Even though he is sure this brand is only worthy of greasing cow enemas, if that.
Tomorrow I plan to wash my hair. And condition it. And yes- leave the conditioner in for upwards of three minutes. I'll have to make plans to fill the time.
Then I plan to get cute and take the 7 into parts heretofore unchartered by yours truly to see what there is to see at the U.S. Open. I'm pretty sure that they will allow me in for cheap, if not beg me to come in to watch the #679 seeded match where Yelena Catguten will play Grunta Spifflewacker.
I went to Perry's tonight with Joseph, where we had big plans to watch a documentary on Hasidic Jews narrated by Sarah Jessica Parker. And while this piqued my interest, what we ended up doing was much more fun. Perry, his roommate Someboy, and Someboy's girlfriend Addie were there having dinner and drinking wine. Joseph set right about making his nightly snack of edamame. Someboy and Addie were eating- now crap, I've forg- no I haven't- caprese.
Which for those of you who are not elegant is a slab of tomato, a chunk of mozarella cheese, a basil leaf and some viniagarette. In a pile. It looked delicious. I am for some reason currently obsessed with tomatoes.
Wine was disappearing by the gallon. Absinthe was brought up as an option. I decided if I was going to see proper tennis in the morning I better not drink anything that was going to turn me into a scantily clad fairy the color of a boxwood.
Though that's not a bad idea for Halloween. Sookie is better. Though Adam has now this hare-brained notion that we should go as the Scooby-Doo people. This touches a sour place in me because in eleventh grade, the big football star of the school Monsanto Pope came up to me and told me that I looked like Velma.
Which is true.
So where is the fun in dressing up for Halloween like yourself. I told Adam I'd consider it if he bleaches his hair to be Fred.
Anyway, with all this wine flying around, the conversation soon turned to FUPAs.
Look it up.
I ate a slice of red pepper dipped in hummus and almost wept.
Hummus, vegetables, wheat bread, sliced turkey. Who knew.
I'm really excited about conditioning my hair.
Saturday I am going to Connecticut. I have never been to Connecticut. But from the pictures Sam sends me of this place he is staying, I will like it a lot. It is a beautiful old Victorian mansion with giant (some word, maybe pier) mirros rimmed in gold, with canopied beds and velveteen window seats. Also many secret passageways, abandoned children's nurseries from the 1800's, and a creaky, curving staircase leading up to a widow's walk. We can hardly wait to break out the black tshirt and bed sheet and run around setting up Samara in terrifying places.
This lovely home also, accordingly to Goodspeed lore, features clogged pipes as a result of Kristin Chenoweth trying to flush a turkey down the toilet.
I will be taking the train. Sniff sniff.
The train features a snack car. And that is probably the most exciting thing that has happened to me this trip. I believe I will purchase a snack, recline in my chair to it's maximum setting-a 96 degree angle, and read a NOVEL. I feel that is what one does on train trips to the north country.
I have decided I would like to go to Europe NEXT summer. Not this coming summer, as Adam and Maggie INSIST on throwing a wrench into the works and having a wedding, but the next.
I have always wanted to see Ireland and Scotland and Austria. The rest I would see, you know, if you made me.
I'm thinking of going down to Central Park sometime after 3am tonight and letting all the horses go.
I learned tonight how to get pictures I take onto this computer, and from the computer, onto facebook. I hopefully can soon figure out how to get them onto this blog, because I've got some doozies.
Goodnight all. Sweet dreams, few jackhammers.

5 comments:

Sparky said...

I'm commenting now, before I've finished reading and must go back, but I thought we were going to be The Black Eyed Peas for Halloween...although, that might require that my costume would just be the words "Black-Eyed Peas."

Although, being the Scoobies could be fun if you're making a Buffy reference.

However, if you are bent on being Sookie, that would leave out Wendy & Adam, Maggie would have to be Pam, and I could be Sam (I'll just walk around naked, just like I've shifted back to human). I guess I could pull off Bill, and just go around all night shouting "Shutup! This is aalll your fault Sookie!"

Sparky said...

Why do I listen to you...I looked up FUPA's. All I can say is ewwww.

Trivia...Sophie-Anne does not have even a hint of an accent...not French or Norewegian, or Flemish. More disappointing is she's Evan Rachel Wood, and not some appropriately devious sexpot.

How about Twilight for Halloween, I still Edward Cullen, Maggie could be Rosalie, you would be Bella, Wendy can be Alice, and I'll be Carlisle...looks like a lot of blond hair color in the future...

Audra said...

i'm open to options. slightly. and you should know- maggie LOVES evan rachel wood. just a heads up. wouldn't want her to break a bar stool over your head.

Joy W. said...

I, too, looked up FUPA.
Lovely................

Audra said...

Joy- you don't have it.