Friday, August 28, 2009

Jason, your life is plenty interesting.

It's a beautiful, rainy night in Brooklyn and I am Put Out.
Due to:
1. I may have to break down and throw out my high school gym shorts. Which are the most comfortable shorts I have ever owned. Washed them in gum. Oh well. I remember taking great pains to write my name in Sharpie on the name tag area in a way that I would, as an adult, think was very mature and awesome.
2. The moving walkway in the subway stop is turned off. X. Huge X. I am not above running into Queens for some lint just to ride on the moving walkway.

Other than that, it's a lovely night. It is a bright night- you know what I mean, where even in the middle of a field in the middle of the night surrounded by only trees you could see clearly.
Not the kind of bright night you get on 42nd St. where you can learn intimate details about the pores of people living in Cincinnati.
Today I painted Sam's apartment. Was very relieving to be covered in paint spatter again. At one point lost my balance on the pink and green glitter stepladder and fell completely into the freshly painted wall. Wish I had a camera.
Then a group of three girls came by and together with Sam chit-chatted and traded spices and vintage tops from the 80's for about twenty minutes. I felt like Mathilde the cleaning woman in the corner with my paintbrush quietly humming to herself while the younguns had their little visit.
Cold. Well, nippy. Wonderful. Jeans and long-sleeved shirt. Don't know if I can go on wearing this long-sleeved shirt though, because that thing has happened where one of the drawstrings around the neck has come out much farther than the other, and I have been unable to fix it. And I don't think I can handle it.
While browsing through Perry's DVD collection tonight I noticed "The Silence of the Lambs." Mentioned off-handedly that I used to put myself to sleep at night reciting the Hannibal/Clarice scenes in that movie from memory. With the voice.
Joseph thought that was one the most disturbing things he had ever heard.
Wrote a fan letter to Anthony Hopkins once. Was obsessed with that movie. Never heard back. Whatever.
Tomorrow Chali is coming for a visit. And Cha will want to go to Cosi. That is where he always likes to go. Chali will then go see 9-5 after which Chali, Poseph and I will adjourn to a lovely large apartment somewhere in Chelsea owned by two men named something like Stringfellow and Bundlecrunch. They have some type of dog that Joseph will not tell me about. I guess for fear I will not go over there. So it must really be something else. Am not afraid of dogs. Might be a Pomeranian and he is afraid I will steal it.
Watched the first episode of "Dexter" tonight. Liked it very much. Went home directly after that because x walking in the hurricane to get to the train in the middle of the night, but was offered on my way out the door to attend a favorite bakery of Joseph's in the morning.
Now- this bears discussion.
While this bakery will doubtless feature buns and muffins and donuts and all of the things I hold most dear the name of this bakery is-- wait for it--- PETER PAN.
I think we all know why that would be a problem for me.
Do tell him if you see him- any of you who work at the Theatre IV. Tell him he is enough to put me off my Danish.
And then let me know what he says. Cause that's really saying something.
Ate a bowl of beans tonight.
Am very exicted about receiving my prize from the Navy.
Did 20 push-ups today. Feel like I have an angry cat situated inside my armpit.
Sunday night there are plans for a minor-incredibly intense going away hoo-ha for Sam. At some bar in the East Village called---wait for it again---this one is worth a long wait---
Epistrophy.
Now- that might be a word all to itself that I am just ignorant of the meaning, but upon first hearing I felt sure that it was some clever take on Apostrophe. Which just strains my teeth.
David and Aly get married on Tuesday. I think they are most necessary together and hope all goes off well. I will expect a report on the food from someone.
That Epistrophy thing might very well be clever. I'll investigate.
Joe Doran is about to explode through my skylight in a blaze of orange curls and black denim. I have not gone out to The Duplex to hear Zak sing something Sondheim.
I will catch it about this tomorrow.
But for now- I have Season 1 of Dawson's Creek. Borrowed from Perry. Have decided since it is raining and I don't have to be up early that I will sit here on this big red couch and watch the entire thing. Enjoy Pacey.

3 comments:

Sparky said...

Three days in a row...very impressive. I finish reading yours and am then so intimidated that I run from the room to avoid trying to write in my own. Sad. But true. Now it's time to sleep a bit. True Blood is calling for you...

Audra said...

i am IRRITATED about the true blood missing. i envision an evening in one of your chairs eating something amazing like stuffed souffle stuffed with souffle and catching all up.

Unknown said...

For your favorite shorts: pour boiling vinegar over the gum to dissolve it. Then wash the shorts as usual. jj