Sunday, August 16, 2009

He's so dreamy.

Woke up like a (well I was going to say cock but that is just asking for it) rooster every thirteen minutes throughout the night last night. No idea why.
When I finally woke up for the morning I went to open my eyes and could not. Eyelids stuck together like thighs and a carseat. Glued by sleepy cheese.
Dealt with that. Then decided since yesterday I walked up and down Manhattan today I would walk side to side. That went very well for about five blocks until I found myself in the middle of an industrial plant and millions of middle aged women in sweatsuits.
Turned around. Decided to walk to the other side and look at the water. But got distracted by the siren's song of the Strand Bookstore. I told Adam that is where I want my ashes scattered.
By this time it was 567 degrees outside so I found a pile of mulch under a tree in Union Square and sat myself down to do a crossword puzzle. I was surrounded by millions of thin veiny Native Americans sunning themselves and one hairy blond man explaining to everyone that he was a peace-causer and demonstrating how he could sound exactly like a whale.
Sat there until I was hungry and then went to the market for some lunch. Was dressed down thoroughy and, I felt, a touch harshly by a man beside me in line when I failed to properly decode the 64 inch flatscreen tv that flashed numbers backed with various shades of pastel to indicate which line you are to check out in.
Oh well, ate my sushi.
Read a book about Carrie Fisher and why she is bitter and tries to make inappropriate comments to mask her insecurity. Also how she wasn't allowed to wear a bra in space and had to use gaffe tape.
Hailed a cab with Joseph and moved all my stuff to Brooklyn.
Went for a lovely walk around Perry's neighborhood during which I met an elderly blond crunched up woman and her matching Pekingese. Named WADDLES.
Ate pizza, watched Zac Efron on tv and listened to Joseph squirm and spiggle on the couch behind me whenever Zac would act or inhale.
Met two alarmingly thin girls who knew Joseph. Thought they were twins. One of them kept darting her eyes around throughout the whole conversation. This one had a carrot once.
The other one kept laughing to show how amused she was and when she would laugh her nose would erupt into an ocean of wrinkles. Did not point this out. This is the sort of thing she would be devastated by, I got a feeling.
The young man behind the counter in the pizza establishment called out "Ladies? What can I do for you?" I look over my shoulder. Joseph and I are the last in line. Joseph soothes the couterperson by telling him that he is frequently mistaken for a a girl.
It's hot as a mole scrotum.

1 comment:

Sparky said...

I would think a mole scrotum would be fairly cool - being underground most of the time.