Monday, July 13, 2009

Thirsty.

I keep forgetting that Margaret and I have painted our toenails neon colors. So every time I remove my sneakers I am surprised and feel sassy.
Saw a deep red luscious looking birthday cake that was shaped like a lobster in a window on my walk tonight. WANT THIS CAKE FOR MY BIRTHDAY. Anyone who cares to remember that may. Was reminded of how much I like walking at night and seeing things in windows and in the sky and on people's porches and whatnot. Did that one night in Chicago by myself. Was so lovely. Saw lots of lit up bushes and other things that I wanted to send friends pictures of when I saw something someone in particular would particularly like. 
Also this beautiful cloud over Willow Lawn tonight. Looked like a brain. Was pink and wrinkled and rumply and just beautiful. Took a picture with my phone. In phone picture, looks like a thumb.
My downstairs neighbors are obviously renting that apartment for use as a recording studio and nothing else. Do not understand how one thinks it is ok to play electric guitar and sing into a microphone at 3 a.m. in a building with 12 other people trying to sleep. Do not mind at all during the day. Up to a point. Find it humorous. I think they have played a grand total of 5, maybe 6 chords since they landed here a month ago. Occasionally someone will come by to play who is very good. Also they have trumpet. But have honestly seen eight or ten people going and coming from that apartment, never the same person, and tonight was behind a girl trying to go in the front door with a key (doesn't require a key-- the DOWNSTAIRS DOOR Robyn) who had on those shorts that display 3/8 of the lower portion of one's fanny. Blonde hair, eyes that were looking everywhere all at once. Entered the foyer. I sprang past her with a cordial smile and last I saw she was crouched on the tiles muttering curses to a pizza box. 
Went to camp this morning. Wanted to stuff all the children into a hamper. But it is always those days that wind up being the most fun. Practiced their songs once, then got them all up on the Driving Miss Daisy set and forced them to learn the dance break to "God Put The Rhythm in Me" from Altar Boyz. This went over VERY WELL. Some of them thought I was "cool." Others kept tugging on my shorts asking through their panting if we could please play something called Kitty in the Corner. I do not play this. Do not know what it is, but do not play it.
Is probably a result of whatever made me absolutely terrified to play such things as Duck Duck Goose growing up. Unplanned interaction TERRIFYING then. Still sort of. But regardless, still that sort of game makes me want to gargle caulk.
Really enjoy using caulk to frost prop cakes. Like pressing caulk. Also like pressing all the meats in the packages in the grocery store. Love that. 
Went for long walk today. Walked to the bookstore, purchased magazine and then came back by the GameStop where I wandered in to see if Scott could putt-putt me the rest of the way home but he said he will be working til one. So I hung out in there for awhile with him and Petty Officer Wanker. Now- Scott will tell you that he has been telling me this man's name is Winker all along. Untrue. He's been talking about him ever since he began morphing into a navally person and calling him Wanker. Then I see his nametag and it is Winker. He immediately asks me if I am from Britain. 
The staff of the GameStop and I carefully analyzed the Mary-Louise Parker photo spread in Esquire magazine wherein she is holding pies wearing only an apron. I had been hearing buzz about this article so was disappointed to see that in this shot I'd been hearing about her fanny resembled a mostly depleted baggie of pudding. 
Still really want to go to a Japanese restaurant. If anyone likes that food, holla.


3 comments:

Princess Crabass said...

Where did you see the cake? I'll put a reminder on my calendar.

We will discuss the key at greater lengths at a later date. Let me know when you have time for a lecture.

Robinitaface said...

I am a) familiar with this cake and was admiring it the other day, b) also fond of pressing meats in their packages in the grocery store, and c) a fan of Japanese food.

Thespis' Little Helper said...

Kitty Wants a Corner is all my fault. I apologize. lol