Thursday, February 5, 2009

Meat at the carillon.

Well, this morning I turned my thighs into cold cuts.
A certain wiry young actor featuring horrifying enthusiasm for waking for the day before 8pm the previous evening and going out in lots of tights and flailing around in the dirt has been haranguing me for months to attend this SEAL Team thing. So I finally decided to go. 
So I went. Hannah and Alia went too. 
I didn't like it when they tried to make me talk. 
"Hoo-yah" is not something I have to say. 
There was lots of annoyingly perky encouragement from all parties involved. 
All in all, I feel it is probably a marvelous way to get into shape. And, as such, I will take all the information gleaned from this morning and parlay it into what I would do as exercise. ALONE. AT MY HOUSE. I will torque my gall bladder and crunch my ovaries and flex my nipples and all that crap, and I will do it without 180 strangers in black spandex Hoo-yah-ing me in the middle of the night.
I really love my kitten. He sits with me when I am sad. Only then. He just knows.
I think that is fascinating about animals. There is some cat down in Florida who lives at a nursing home and the staff always knows when someone soon X because the cat will go sit with them. Then they always promptly keel over. 
Then I did my show this morning. I am always saddened in my show during the second act because we get to eat cookies. Those doughy soft Christ-like sugar cookies with mounds of thick frosting and sprinkles. I manage two enormous bites, but due to the acting that has been assigned me, that is all I can fit in. Due to the consistency of the frosting, I have added about 7 minutes onto the show taking the time to de-spackle my molars before my next line.
I told Durron I wished he was made of chocolate because I would totally eat him. This went over big and I wasn't sure why for a moment, but then was made to understand.
There is  a baby doing chin-ups in the Theatre IV Touring Production of Rumplestiltskin.
I am supposed to go downtown now and drop off the rent check. 
Might take long hot shower first. To thaw out my thighs. My thighs were like frozen salamis for about 3 hours after I arrived home this morning. 


2 comments:

Princess Crabass said...

You description of SEAL team and your reaction to it makes me love you even more. Also, Ned needs brushing.

Frank Creasy said...

Yeah Audra - I went for the "bring a friend" day as well. I think it's great training, though I'm not much of a runner these days and grueling workouts at zero five thirty in below freezing temps isn't the way I'd start my day as a matter of ROUTINE. So all power to those who can endure this brutal regimen and then go off to a full day of work like me (though I'm thinking some of those folks don't have my schedule). But anyway - good for those who can do it regularly. I've got a nice corporate fitness facility, temperature controlled and free of charge, thank you!