Friday, December 5, 2008

Bobbie

I just went to see The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Without referencing the website, I'm not sure where the parentheses should begin in that title so I'll just leave them off. 
I think "Whould" would be a much more entertaining spelling for "would." Like "Should." Makes it seem more important and British. Like Stewie saying Cool Whip. 
The Debra was superb as always. She toddled out in her cast and wrap dress, uttered "Oooh!" and received exit applause. I sat with Jason and Joe Pabst. Sort of. Heading up the row was the Dame Lady Sophia Christ. With her mother the Virgin Erin. (This is seeming sacriligious. It is not meant as such.) Then Jason sat next to Erin, then a seat betwixt us heaped with a sack of diapers, hypo-allergenic formula, sweaters, throws, burp towels, sedatives, an extra pair of navy blue crushed velvet sateen baby britches and heaven only knows what else. Then me. Then a chair with all of my stuff and Joe's stuff. Then Joe. He recommended the chair as the buffer between us. I'm not sure why. Perhaps he assumed I was going to take a turn for the crabby halfway through Hark the Herald Angels Sing. 
I saw Ginnie. We met eyes. I think we all know what that means.
Joy was wearing a plaid gown fresh from the archives of what Barbie didn't get around to wearing during Christmas 1952. 
My favorite part was the wrangling of the lambs. 
We are watching "The Office." I haven't decided yet if I am going to think that is funny or not. 
I saw some very festive Christmas sweaters. In subdued MAN tones. 
I discovered that I am apparently singing at a wedding next week with Phil Whiteway. ON THE RESUME.
I received a poinsettia yesterday from one of my jobs. This was very exciting to me because I had a plant once two years ago that died immediately, and then Brett accidentally stole a plant which we kept in our house for five months unwatered because it was sitting behind the Miles Davis Jackal or the Antelope or some sort of exercise machine it is difficult to see behind. Anyway, Michael came over to house-sit for a weekend and discovered said plant and set it up in the bathroom, where it has flourished and languidly stretched its vines down around and into the toilet bowl. This is very upsetting in the middle of the night. Good news is, it is obviously a plant that only needs watering twice a year. Perfect. 
So anyhow, I was pleased pink with the poinsettia. Then I was informed by all of the people at the Mill who know everything about gardening and nutrition that poinsettias are highly poisonous to animals and babies. I asked if they were also poisonous to adults and was given a LOOK.
I had decided to leave the flower out on a low table anyway and take my chances with the cats dying a horrible death (a death which would have been their own nosy fault) but then researched online and discovered that the toxicity of poinsettias is highly overrated. At worst it will just rip out the lining of one's digestive tract and cause some mild vomiting. This is something I can live with.
I guess I'll stop typing now. Oh good tomorrow is Saturday. That is when I get to squeeze all the babies' thighs.

5 comments:

Princess Crabass said...

Who is getting married and what did any of this do with Bobbie? (I do know who you are talking about. I just found it odd that you never mentioned her.)

Brett said...

Oh- Jennings is the best lady (maid of honor-it's late) in one of her friends' wedding and the singer backed out last minute, so she asked me to sing. Phil told me tonight that he and his wife are singing something as well. I am now very curious. I don't know the song. Something about home.

Brett said...

Oh- Bobbie was in the show. I just love her. She sang Away in a Manger very well. Want to come over for a session.

Janine Serresseque said...

Bobbie was always my favorite camper!

mmmhawke said...

how does one "accidentally" steal a plant???