Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm not cold!

I LOVE mulch. Walking by fresh mulch and smelling makes me feel very happy. I might get some for a potpourri dish in my apartment.
It is a beautiful day. And is supposedly going to be beautiful for as far as the weather forecast pictures go on Yahoo!
I am going to go outside today. Not sure what I am going to do. Maybe Belle Isle. 
My kitten's new most important job that he takes very seriously is to stand on my chest whenever I am lying down and work tirelessly to flatten down my breasts. In the fashion of kneading or "making biscuits" as I have heard it called.
Isn't going to work.  Don't I wish.
Jennings is a genius with reception food selection. Had barbecue and potato salad and cake last night. This girl was very happy.
I am not very into America's Next Top Model this time. I think my into-it-ness has faded progressively with each season. I am loathe to admit this. I was super involved in the Joanie season. And then I had high hopes for each following season but have been disappointed. Isn't that sad. Only Jan will care about this.
I am of a mind to get out my "Annie" video from 4th grade and give it a skim. I had no idea how the entire show went down because I experienced from the perspective of- "put on your wig that doesn't fit....go to the bathroom....change dresses......ask someone to take you to the bathroom.....change coats........where's my dog.....go to the bathroom.....change dresses......oh I have a crush on Daddy Warbucks......change dresses.....oh look my mother got me roses."
My dear family dog Nick played Sandy when I did it. He was stone deaf and old as crust at the time, which worked out well because he had absolutely no interest in doing anything at all except going wherever he was yanked.  He was very very sweet. There are numerous pictures of him standing in our backyard with a long suffering expression on his face while my toddler self or my brother learn to walk by hauling ourselves up on his jowls and ear hair.
Hannah sent me a card in the mail because she is my friend and I would swear up and down the two child models on the front are Norborne and Tilly. Those are some fabulous children.
I am rather thunderstruck by the fact that I have NO PLANS today. Or tonight. I suppose I could go see Trailer Trash Spectacular. Really want to see that. 

No comments: