Friday, April 3, 2009

Fun things to do.

I'm waiting for Maggie and Adam to swing by and give me their key so I can feed their marshmallow over the weekend. 
Then I am going to Kroger for- crap. Am going to have to wake Brett up from his nap and find out for what.
1. In the morning after you have freshly woken up, get together with someone and come up with new names for fruit/vegetable combinations. Maggie got a pluot at the store the other day which is what sparked this uprising. The best ones belong to Brett so far- cucocolli and pumpluberry.
2. At some point when you have another person with you- preferably one you know personally, lay on your back on a flat surface right next to each other so that your hips touch. Then- without dis-touching your hips, roll the both of you over so that you are both lying on your stomachs. A soft surface is best to do this on. This is how Violet and Daisy Hilton had to roll over every time. 
Many a good chuckle to be had.
3. (Robyn- you won't like this one.) So the other night the Altar Boyz cast as well as the casts of several other shows were at Joe's Inn and we were telling Isn't Paul Awesome? stories. I was reminded of a time during "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" when Paul was to look offstage left for a very brief second and then go on with the scene. Now, Brett and I were running crew for this show and Derek Phipps was in it as well.  The boys would try all manner of lewd gestures and prop mistreatment to get Paul to laugh when he looked offstage. But he never would. So one night after we had exhausted every naughty inappropriate scenario the three of us could come up with, I decided that we should go to 7-11 before the show the next evening and buy a hot dog. The hot dog would then be removed from its' bun and inserted into the fly of Derek's jeans. Brett would then kneel down and you know what to the hot dog in time for Paul's offstage glance.
So we did that. The three of us were HIGHLY diverted. Paul did not bat a lash. 
Today Phil let me powerwash the sidewalk in front of the Empire. This was the high point of my month. Never have I attracted so many vocal male admirers. If ever you want to be hit on, wear a short pink skirt and a Tinkerbell t-shirt and powerwash a sidewalk on Broad St.
I powerwashed (Wendy informed me it was called a powerwasher and not a "big squirt gun") too closely to the corner of a sidewalk tile and exploded a chunk of concrete the size of my fist all over my legs and shoes. Doesn't matter.
Also one of the tech crew informed me that he dreamed last night that he and I and bunch of other Theatre IV employees all lived together and I wore a full-body raccoon suit all day long.
WANT that suit.
It is a BEAUTIFUL day. Oh my. 
Also Eric and Joy and their lovely spawn are coming to my show this evening. I am very happy about that. I don't mean spawn disrespectfully. I will now go look it up on dictionary.com to make sure I am not being insulting. Hold on.
Nope- I'm not rude. I will further add that Cory is the most beautiful child I have ever seen and that Sean is going to be a nuclear scientist and take over the world. When he was about six I would babysit and we would play space ship new planet travel pretend etc. and when I asked him what we would find to eat on this new exciting planet he said, "Oh you know. Caribou. Bunnies."
Brilliance.
I've decided that if Scott ever plays the Cowardly Lion again it should be retitled the Cowardly Ocelot.
Yesterday I almost ran all the way to Kroger. I only accomplished this because I had my iPod on and that prevented me from hearing my wheezing. When I do not hear myself wheeze and gurgle mucous I am less convinced that I am suffering.
Adam and Maggie are now here.
Have to go wash my shins.

2 comments:

Princess Crabass said...

You are correct.

Janine Serresseque said...

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, wash my shins away.