Saturday, June 13, 2009

Yankees hat/Red Sox hat......thoughts?

Tomorrow- or Monday- one of the kittens departs for her new life with her lover and her competition for that lover, Margaret. This kitten is Betty. Her days for the last four weeks have been comprised mainly of narrowing her eyes at me and being long-suffering. She is nothing if not consistent. 
Who does the Amy Burley actress on True Blood remind me of?
Ouisus goes away on Wednesday. I debated over nipping down to the animal shelter and securing a matching grey kitten to pass off to my friend who is planning toadopt Ouisus, but then decided I would just get the (bad word) over it.
She wants to name him Waffles. 
Now- this is not entirely ok. Simply because, while I feel Waffles to be a stellar outstanding name, and love to eat waffles, I do not feel that this kitten is named that. He is a sturdy knockabout town sort of fellow who proclaims things about his adventures in boastful tones. Trust me. 
But whatever. She can name him what she wants. He is very agreeable and loungy.
I might go over to 7-11 and get some cookie dough presently.
I am about ready to be done with these kittens. They are at the point now when at the break of day, they all trot in single file and sit in a semi-circle at the base of the toilet bowl to gaze up at you doing your thing with expressions of great hopefulness.
Joseph told me the other day that they would gain more weight if they ate solely kitten chow and not a mix of adult cat food and kitten chow. They have been switched. Few things better than a chubby kitten.
Also- few things better than wearing one's pajamas to the theater for the show and then forgetting you wore them and then having them to snuggle into when you take off your costume at the end of the evening. Sheer bliss.
You ought to see this pail of Diet Coke I have acquired. It is 52 oz.  And I am allowed to get refills at 7-11 for one dollar. I carry it around with me. One fill-up sustained Robyn, Chase and I through a six hour rehearsal.
I learned I am capable of doing a flip at rehearsal last week. I was standing in a trance down left on the ramp while Chase directed something happening upstage that didn't involve me. Then I heard him end a sentence with "......and then one of these." The next thing I know I am entirely upside down with no part of my body touching the floor. Then I am standing up again and have turned a flip over his forearm.  This, I feel, is a fabulous way to try new things. No preparation or warning leaves one no time to get into a potential stew about technicalities. Can now do a flip. Though I think I gave Chris a hernia the first time we tried it. This after he had courteously asked me if I a. trusted him, and b. was ready to try it.  CHASE.
When True Blood gets made into a musical, I will be wanting to play Sookie. I will dye my hair blonde, and go tanning and ride the bikes at the old folks gym to Moscow and back.
Robyn says I can have Ned. I think she is kidding me. Which is nasty of her. I do love Ned.
The kittens are now inside the back of the couch. 
Fruity Pebbles are not very filling. Very good, not very filling.
Ooooo, I really want that cookie dough.
Also, I had so many interesting props stories to put on here and have plum forgotten them at the moment. I need dough.