Friday, January 22, 2010

Pinkie X?

So. Yesterday me and Eric and David and Ben went skiing/snowboarding. And it was necessary.
However.
I have been unable to regain feeling in the tip of my left pinkie finger since said snowboarding.
I have been walking around for parts of today with the tip of my pinkie covered up though, and have decided that if one must have something amputated, the pinkie tip is the way to go.
Maggie and Tom have decided I have nerve damage.
David says as long as my finger doesn't smell TOO bad, it's probably fine.
I have decided I agree with the nerve damage diagnosis, for after my irreparable error on the curtains at the Mill today I set about poking my finger tip with the needle and nothing.
But Tom said the nerves could regenerate after many many years. Which I am interpreting as maybe a week or two.
Man that was fun though.
I COMPLETE AWFUL HUGE INELEGANT X roughly 64 times during the first 3 feet down the mountain.
Which taught me the following:
1. X while snowboarding hurts. So it is best to not x.
2. Regaining one's feet (well- giant plastic foot) after x is rather difficult, and better if done quickly.
3. Always try snowboarding for the first time with three kind gentlemen friends who will board/ski along behind you and after you slam into the fence or the 'GO SLOWLY' sign and are laid out like an old squashed banana midway down the bunny trail, they will ski up behind you having gathered your belongings that have been jolted off your person in the wreckage. Like your scarf, your glasses, your gloves, your liver.

All three of them were very sweet in that regard. And helpful with tips on how not to fall over.
My greatest motivation not to fall over though was my stubborness. I finally decided not to fall over. And managed to avoid doing so 96% of the rest of the day.
Have never fallen down so hard in my life. Understand the term "bone-jarring" now.
And today feel like my muscles are made of rotten strung out Vienna sausage.
But that is irrelevant. Had a wonderful time. Would go again in a flash. And bring everyone.
I would love to teach my brother how to do that.
I must run.
Must go watch Margaret get really upset and throw things and scream obscenities.
Then we're going to put on footie pajamas and braid each other's hair while we watch horror movies until Adam comes home and finds us in each others laps with all the lights on screaming and horrorstruck.
He better bring snacks.

2 comments:

pnlkotula said...

Jamie snowboarded last year at Massanutten. All day class, and by the end of the day, he was staying up pretty well. We're going again on the 13th. I hope he'll graduate to the bunny slope this time. I shall be in front of the large picture window, watching and running lines and beginning The Lost Symbol. Can't wait.

AdamandMaggie said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! Oh man, I wish I had come home to such a sight.